cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bharathu
Level III

JMP Variability Gauge chart is automatically scaling y-axis to the data and not showing limits

I recently upgraded to JMP14.1 from JMP 13. I have a script that automatically populates spec limits to 100s of columns and then it enables the feature to show the spec limits on the graph (Show as Graph Reference Lines). The script works fine with no errors in JMP 14.1 and also enables the check box for all the columns. However, JMP 14.1 seems to be scaling the y-axis as per the data spread and is not showing the spec limits. This was not a problem in JMP 13. Is this an issue with JMP 14.1? 

1 REPLY 1
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: JMP Variability Gauge chart is automatically scaling y-axis to the data and not showing limits

Please add the snippet of code "to show the spec limits on the graph (Show as Graph Reference Lines)."

The preference to do this is Show Limits(1).

The script below opend the JMP sample data table Semiconductor Capability.jmp, uses the first 5 continuous variables, get the spec limits then add to the property Show Limits( 1 ). A variability chart of those 5 variables display teh spec limits, however they might be outside of the range of Y axis settings.  

Names Default to here(1);

dt = Open("$sample_data/semiconductor capability.jmp");

cvar = (dt << get column names("Continuous", string))[1::5];

//do just 5

for(i=1, i<=nitems(cvar), i++,
	ppl = column(dt,cvar[i]) << get properties list;
	if(contains(ppl, expr(Spec Limits)),
		sl = column(dt, cvar[i]) << get property("Spec Limits");
		insert into(sl, { Show Limits( 1 ) });
		Eval(EvalExpr(column(dt, cvar[i]) << Set Property("Spec Limits", expr(sl))));
	);
);

varchart  = dt <<  Variability Chart( Y( evallist(cvar) ), X( :lot_id, :SITE ) )