cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
PS
PS
Level III

JMP Query builder very slow

Hi all,

I am struggling to use the query builder because it is very slow. Colleagues of mine using a different software, but with otherwise equally configured database connection, can preview a table in a split second. For me it takes 20-60 seconds with frequent freezes of the jmp sofware. Have you experienced the same problems?

I understand this is a difficult question without any further knowledge. But maybe somebody has an idea.

(JMP 14.1, 64bit system, the database is gigantic)

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP Query builder very slow

If you can't share details here, I would encourage you to write support@jmp.com so that you can share details with Tech Support.  There are a variety of preferences available under Preferences->Query Builder that can be tuned to help with performance, but without knowing the details of your situation (schema, filters, database) etc. it's impossible to make recommendations.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: JMP Query builder very slow

If you can't share details here, I would encourage you to write support@jmp.com so that you can share details with Tech Support.  There are a variety of preferences available under Preferences->Query Builder that can be tuned to help with performance, but without knowing the details of your situation (schema, filters, database) etc. it's impossible to make recommendations.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development