Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
neelsrejan
Level III

JMP 18 python pptx import not seeming to work

Hi all, 

My company has just got the JMP 18 license and the PowerPoint automation is not working anymore due to the dependencies. From JMP documentation I have understood that python is now an integrated version in which case dependencies have to be installed through jmputils. Below is the code I have so far for the imports the powerpoint used to use. I am still getting the same error even with the dependencies looking updated through the list command. 

scr = Python Execute(
	{}, 
	{}, 
	"\[
import jmp
import jmputils

jmputils.jpip('list')
jmputils.jpip('install --upgrade', 'pip setuptools python-pptx')
from pptx import Presentation #Problem Line from pptx.util import Inches from pptx.dml.color import RGBColor from datetime import date ]\" );

Here is the log error I am receiving:

neelsrejan_0-1721096400037.png

Due to this I am not able to create and save the presentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: JMP 18 python pptx import not seeming to work

There are many ways of installing Python packages in JMP18 (Install Python Packages using JSL (jmp.com)). Were there any errors during the package installation? Can you use jpip to install other packages? For me running your code seemed to work fine. The packages should be installed to your JMP Python user directory, you can find that by running following python command in JMP

import jmp
print(jmp.PY_USER_APPDIR)

Tagging @Paul_Nelson as he most likely has more ideas what could be wrong.

-Jarmo