cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
scott1588
Level III

JMP 18 Confusion

Most of the recent JMP videos I've seen use JMP 18. The JMP website says JMP 18 is "Coming March 19". Is JMP 18 available? I can't seem to find it anywhere. If it is available, how do I upgrade?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: JMP 18 Confusion

Go to https://my.jmp.com and log in. Do you see it in the list of available versions?

scott1588
Level III

Well... that's interesting. my.jmp.com won't let me see the available downloads. It's telling me to submit additional information due to export restrictions. I am a 10+ year JMP subscriber based in the US so I'm not sure why it is asking me this now. I've never been asked that before.

At any rate, I provided the requested information. I guess we'll see what happens.

P_Bartell
Level VIII

JMP offers multiple licensing pathways tied to user agreements. The pathway to upgrade to the latest version will in part be controlled by the type of license agreement you have. My suggestion is to contact your JMP sales team with your question. They'll know the specifics of your agreement and be able to tell you the path to upgrade.

I am sorry that you are having trouble getting and using JMP 18. It is a new way for everybody. It underwent extensive testing before launch, but we still see some new problems. You can also contact JMP Technical Support (support @JMP.com) for help with this issue.

thiennguyen
Level III

JMP 18 has too many new features, and it will have problems, which is normal. It seems Windows 7 and 10 are better; the middle version is Windows 8. I put the belief in JMP 19.

lala
Level VII

Are you kidding me? Windows 7 no longer works with JMP version 16.

txnelson
Super User

You are correct, for JMP 16, Windows 7 is not listed as supported

txnelson_0-1712135407702.png

MicroSoft dropped support for Window 7 in 2020, eleven years after it's original release in 2009

Jim
txnelson
Super User

I suspect that there will be an 18.1 interim release coming out in a few months that you might want to consider.

Jim
lala
Level VII

回复: JMP 18 Confusion

20240416-18

2024-04-03_08-45-01.png