cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
joh13213
Level I

JMP 17 NewWindow() Function Opening to Bottom of Window

There seems to be a small discrepancy in the NewWindow() function when it is used in JMP17 vs JMP16.  In JMP16 whenever I used this function it would open a series of plots and it would open up to the first graph at the top of the window.  In JMP17 this function is creating the same series of plots but is opening at the bottom of the window showing the last graph.  Is there a workaround to have the window open at the top of the new window (showing the first plot)?  Or some way to manually scroll to the top of the window using scripting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP 17 NewWindow() Function Opening to Bottom of Window

I do not know why this behavior changed. You can scroll the window with JSL. See this entry in the Help > Scripting Index. The example should help you set it up.

scroll.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I do not know why this behavior changed. You can scroll the window with JSL. See this entry in the Help > Scripting Index. The example should help you set it up.

scroll.PNG

joh13213
Level I

The function "Scroll Window()" is not available in JMP17.  It's not in the scripting index.

joh13213_0-1670337340393.png

Change the browser to search Display Boxes instead of Functions.

Thanks for reporting this @joh13213 - the scrolling change was not intentional, and we are looking into it.  And thanks to @Mark_Bailey for the workaround - it seems to work well to embed the <<ScrollWindow message directly into the New Window() call:

dt=Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
New Window("test",
	dt << Run Script("Bivariate"),
	dt << Run Script("Oneway"),
	dt << Run Script("Distribution"),
	<<Scroll Window(0,0)
);