cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
justvince
Level III

JMP 16 Get Script

I am used to getting a data table all setup for how I want columns and formulas in my data table, then running a get script to get all the columns and formulas I added.

E.g., 

dt = current data table();
dt << Get Script;

After the script is run I copy from the log the new columns I added, pasting into a new script and when I pull new raw data, I can then just run the script to add the columns and formulas.

When I run the above script, the log (enhanced in JMP16) just shows it ran and shows three dots ...  

Am I missing something?  I can not find the "log" of column info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: JMP 16 Get Script

This message might offer a better way to accomplish what you want to do.

table script.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This message might offer a better way to accomplish what you want to do.

table script.PNG

justvince
Level III

Okay it works, but had to figure out how it works.  Did not see anything in the log, but if I open a script window and just paste (from clipboard) all the data is in the clipboard.  It was not clear that the data I want is in the clipboard now (use to be in the log).

dt = current data table();
dt << Copy Table Script("No data");
//After running this, the table information is in the clipboard (not the log).

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

I'm not having any trouble with the <<Get Script showing in the enhanced log.

2021-11-17_14-35-29.422.png

Can you share a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Also, what is your ultimate goal here? Do you want the script to paste into another script? Just want to see it? Something else?

-Jeff
justvince
Level III

The ultimate goal here is to not have to write the column formulas directly in a script.  I want to copy the calculated columns I made within the jmp table I am working with, and paste them into a new script for when I have to analyze this type of data again.   

Here is the screen shot 

justvince_0-1637269274474.png

Just shows three dots ...

I just tested this now on a much smaller data table and it works!  The data table I am working with is 1228 columns x 171,222 rows.

The method of pasting into the clipboard is working for me...  I do put in "No Data" though which is nice.

(Maybe the file I am working with is overloading the memory for the log?  I waited several minutes, with nothing in the log).