Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
michaelh
Level I

JMP 15 Pro asks for license every time I open it

JMP Pro 15.1.0

License is in a txt file on my hard drive. I have tried providing the license through the start up dialog, the "renew license" menu item, and running "renew license through a script." All of these work and it accepts the license (it's an institutional site license). But once I close JMP, when I reopen it it says my (previous) license has expired and I have to re-link the new license. I have tried putting the license in various folders, doesn't seem to matter. 

Small thing but super annoying... any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: JMP 15 Pro asks for license every time I open it

This might work:

Right click on the jmp.exe file and select "Run as administrator", or "Run with elevated privileges" (not sure of the exact wording).

Failing that Tech Support is your best bet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Craige_Hales
Super User

It shouldn't do that!

Tech support will be your best bet.

Craige
pmroz
Super User

This might work:

Right click on the jmp.exe file and select "Run as administrator", or "Run with elevated privileges" (not sure of the exact wording).

Failing that Tech Support is your best bet.

jthi
Super User

I wouldn't suggest this as first (or second option), but I got some license issues solved by modifying my License File path:

jthi_0-1645715411140.png

-Jarmo
Georg
Level VII

I had exactly the same problem, several colleagues also (JMP Pro 16.1 on Win10),

it was solved by @pmroz 's proposal, to run as admin, then you need to import that license file, and then it's installed permanently.

I had contact to Tech support on that also, they confirmed, that license is installed in the JMP installation folder. Then it's clear, that license installation w/o admin rights cannot be persistent due to missing write permission.

I think, when installing the license as std user, JMP should throw a warning, that this will not be persistent - but don't know, whether it will be considered to change (but I gave that feedback to Customer Support DACH).

Georg
JmohrUD
Level I

I was not able to resolve by just elevating permissions. I was however able to fix it (on Windows) by uninstalling JMP, deleting the SAS folder from my roaming folder (type "%appdata%" into the search bar), and reinstalling JMP.