cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

JMP 12 - 'Window List' window bug?

Does anyone know how to 're-attach' the 'Window List' window in JMP12?  (Windows 8)

Mine has somehow become 'de-attached' and when I choose to click its upper right hand "x" for closure, it does nothing.  My main JMP window is unresponsive as all of the focus can only be given to de-attached 'Window List' window (which means I cannot use JMP menu's).  When I right click on the 'Window List' window I only get 'Select All'.  If I double-click on the 'Window List' it takes over my whole desktop and cannot be minimized!  (very annoying)   When I restart JMP 12, all of this keeps happening again.

Any ideas on how to get the "Window List' window back into the normal (parent) JMP window?  DJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jschroedl
Staff

Re: JMP 12 - 'Window List' window bug?

Since you cannot get to the main menu, I think you'll need to close JMP, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing your JMP settings. Most likely one of these:

JMP:  c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\12\

PRO: c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMPPro\12\

In that folder, delete homeLayout.xml and restart JMP.

For people who can get to the main menu and want to put things back how they were originally, use View > Home Window Panes > Reset to Factory Layout. 

Hope this helps,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jschroedl
Staff

Since you cannot get to the main menu, I think you'll need to close JMP, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing your JMP settings. Most likely one of these:

JMP:  c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\12\

PRO: c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMPPro\12\

In that folder, delete homeLayout.xml and restart JMP.

For people who can get to the main menu and want to put things back how they were originally, use View > Home Window Panes > Reset to Factory Layout. 

Hope this helps,

John

djhanson
Level V

Thanks John!!! :)  That fixed it.  I deleted out the "homeLayout.xml" file in my JMP12 Pro folder and now my JMP main window includes the Window List pane nicely!  DJ

ghartel
Level III

excellent - had the same thing happen in version 14.2 - so that is still a problem - but deleting "homeLayout.xml" fixed it. thanks