cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

JMP 12 - 'Window List' window bug?

Does anyone know how to 're-attach' the 'Window List' window in JMP12?  (Windows 8)

Mine has somehow become 'de-attached' and when I choose to click its upper right hand "x" for closure, it does nothing.  My main JMP window is unresponsive as all of the focus can only be given to de-attached 'Window List' window (which means I cannot use JMP menu's).  When I right click on the 'Window List' window I only get 'Select All'.  If I double-click on the 'Window List' it takes over my whole desktop and cannot be minimized!  (very annoying)   When I restart JMP 12, all of this keeps happening again.

Any ideas on how to get the "Window List' window back into the normal (parent) JMP window?  DJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jschroedl
Staff

Re: JMP 12 - 'Window List' window bug?

Since you cannot get to the main menu, I think you'll need to close JMP, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing your JMP settings. Most likely one of these:

JMP:  c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\12\

PRO: c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMPPro\12\

In that folder, delete homeLayout.xml and restart JMP.

For people who can get to the main menu and want to put things back how they were originally, use View > Home Window Panes > Reset to Factory Layout. 

Hope this helps,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jschroedl
Staff

Since you cannot get to the main menu, I think you'll need to close JMP, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder containing your JMP settings. Most likely one of these:

JMP:  c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP\12\

PRO: c:\users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMPPro\12\

In that folder, delete homeLayout.xml and restart JMP.

For people who can get to the main menu and want to put things back how they were originally, use View > Home Window Panes > Reset to Factory Layout. 

Hope this helps,

John

djhanson
Level V

Thanks John!!! :)  That fixed it.  I deleted out the "homeLayout.xml" file in my JMP12 Pro folder and now my JMP main window includes the Window List pane nicely!  DJ

ghartel
Level III

excellent - had the same thing happen in version 14.2 - so that is still a problem - but deleting "homeLayout.xml" fixed it. thanks