cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
zetunedav
Level II

Is there a way to iterate an If statement on the last row of a table?

we have a  table that is created from a db query.  We use the date/time stamps in this table to determine start/stop times for more detailed queries.  The problem we are having is that sometimes the date/time stamps at the end of the table are not a 'matched' set.  In this table, we have created formula columns that help us identify which dates are on which row.  We know the pattern that we need to have:  the last two rows in X_3 need to end in 1 then 0.

If(dt:X_3[NRow(dt)-1] == 0, dt<< deleteRows(NRow(dt)));
If(dt:X_3[NRow(dt)] == 1, dt<< deleteRows(NRow(dt)));

Is there a way to iterate only on the last row until the table has the desired structure?

David Zetune
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zetunedav
Level II

Re: Is there a way to iterate an If statement on the last row of a table?

In the end, what I needed looked like this

While( continue,
	If( dt:X_3[N Row( dt ) - 1] == 0,
		dt << deleteRows( N Row( dt ) ),
		continue = 0	

)
);

Thanks

David Zetune

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

I would be careful deleting rows from within a formula column.  Every time the formula is re-evaluated, it will chop off the last row.  However you can create a logical condition for the last row in a column formula using something like this:

If( Row() == N Row(Current Data Table()), do this, do that);

For your situation, I would run a separate script, not as in a formula column, to cut off the last row so you don't leave that code as a permanent feature of your resulting data table.  In that case, the script would pretty much look like what you have.

-- Cameron Willden
zetunedav
Level II

@cwillden Thanks for the input.  I'm more interested in the second option.  However, the number of rows that need to be trimmed off the bottom varies.  I was hoping I could evaluate the last row, delete it and re-valuate the If statement on the 'new' last row in a loop until the Else becomes true.

David Zetune
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Just to close the loop on this post for now, @zetunedav realized we actually work for the same company (and know each other ), so we're going to resolve this in a meeting.

-- Cameron Willden
zetunedav
Level II

In the end, what I needed looked like this

While( continue,
	If( dt:X_3[N Row( dt ) - 1] == 0,
		dt << deleteRows( N Row( dt ) ),
		continue = 0	

)
);

Thanks

David Zetune