cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Is there a specific Limits Table format for loading limits using Manage Spec Limits ?

I am on JMP16.2 and trying to applying spec limits to test data using a limits table file. 

I noticed that the limits table file need to be open for it to show as an option to load. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Also, Parameter Name, LSL, USL columns is what I have got in my limits table, but JMP did not load it when I attempted to load using the "Load from Limits Table" option.  Is there a specific format or the limit table which is allowed?

When it's too good to be true, it's neither
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Is there a specific Limits Table format for loading limits using Manage Spec Limits ?

There is also an option to save to a table.  So do the save and then look at the layout of the table it creates.

-Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Is there a specific Limits Table format for loading limits using Manage Spec Limits ?

There are 2 different table structures that can be used in the limits manager.  A Tall layout that has the limits on different rows, and a wide layout that has the limits in different columns.

Lookup "Limits Data Table" in the JMP Documentation Library for the definition of the 2 table types.

Jim
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

There is also an option to save to a table.  So do the save and then look at the layout of the table it creates.

-Dave
Neo
Neo
Level VI

Also, want to point out that it seems that the limits table needs to be open for the limits manager to show it as an option for an available limits file.  

When it's too good to be true, it's neither