Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
williame
Level I

Interpretation of Normal Quantile Plot done as part of a regression

This plot was produced.

What is the fact that one point is black (not gray) telling me?

What is the shading at the bottom of one histogram bar telling me?

No scripting involved.

Edward Williams
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Interpretation of Normal Quantile Plot done as part of a regression

What you are seeing is one of the backbone elements of JMP.  Interactive data exploration involves the ability to see patterns within data.  Therefore JMP allows for the interactive selection of data points in graphs or rows within a data table.  The selected rows in a data table by default appear highlighted in graphs, and if one selects data point(s) in a graph, in turn the rows those points come from are selected in the data table.  

So the issue is, you have selected rows in the data table your histogram was built from and the data values in the graph are highlighted

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

What you are seeing is one of the backbone elements of JMP.  Interactive data exploration involves the ability to see patterns within data.  Therefore JMP allows for the interactive selection of data points in graphs or rows within a data table.  The selected rows in a data table by default appear highlighted in graphs, and if one selects data point(s) in a graph, in turn the rows those points come from are selected in the data table.  

So the issue is, you have selected rows in the data table your histogram was built from and the data values in the graph are highlighted

Jim
williame
Level I

Thank you! I must have clicked a cell in the data table without recalling
that I had done so.
Edward Williams