cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RVhydrA
Level III

I have lost the ability to drag and drop columns in graph builder.

Out of the blue I have lost the ability to drag and drop into graph builder.  Any thoughts? Is there a toggle for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have lost the ability to drag and drop columns in graph builder.

If you are running JMP 16.x disable this preference. Navigate to File ► Preferences ► Windows Specific ► Enable hardware accelerated graphics. Deselect the preference click Apply and restart JMP. 

If you are running an Iris Xe graphics card review the issue as documented here. You can verify your graphics card by running the Install Checker via Help > About JMP > Install Checker. The graphics card version is listed under the Display Information section of the report. Once confirmed, reach out to your IT to ensure you have applied the latest Intel video card driver to address this issue. 

Users running JMP 14 or 15, should consider updating/upgrading to JMP 15.2.1. To update JMP 15.x to 15.2.1 visit https://www.jmp.com/update. If you are running JMP 14 you need to upgrade to 15.2 or 16. Contact JMP Technical Support so we can provide direction based on your product type.

Note: this issue is more common with Windows users. If you are experiencing similar issues on macOS, verify you are running JMP on a support macOS per our System Requirements

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

That sounds weird.

Can you give us some more details on exactly what's happening?

What version of JMP are you using? What are you trying to drag and drop? Which part of the drag and drop operation is failing, the drag (i.e., you can't pick up what you want) or the drop (i.e., it won't go where you want it)?

Do you get an error message? Is this happening with all Graph Builder platforms or only after you've built a specific graph?

-Jeff

-Jeff
park123
Level II

I know this post is old, but I am facing similar problem today. It was working fine and suddenly I have lost my ability to drag & drop in graph builder. So when you click on variable and try to drag it, it does not work. Instead you get a hand symbol which when you take it near axis, it shows message click here to place the variable. Its find for since x & Y parameter but no option if you want multiple varibles on Y axis. I tried mulitiple time restarting JMP, but no luck. 

When I right click on Y axis (before placing any varible) and trying to click on properties, it gives and error for JMP exception and crashes. I am using JMP 12 from server. 

Any help would be great. 

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

That still sounds weird.

Please contact Tech Support. They are best positioned to try to figure out what's going on here.

-Jeff
park123
Level II

Thank you. 

DougD
Level I

I am just now experiencing this same issue, on JMP 14, where I cannot drag and drop columns into graph builder.  Did you ever get your issue resolved?  what was the resolution?

Customer support has mentioned Digital Guardian incompatibility, but we don't use any Digital Guardian software to my knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

carowjp
Level I

This just happened to me as well in JMP 14.1.0 (32 bit) Academic. If I drag in Graph Builder I get a very slow response and the hand cursor, no message shown, and must click to place the column into a field. Amazing how paralyzing it is to not be able to use the Graph Builder! Is there a solution?

Thanks, Jim

This just happened to me as well (JMP 15.2.1). Restarting the PC helped.

If you are running JMP 16.x disable this preference. Navigate to File ► Preferences ► Windows Specific ► Enable hardware accelerated graphics. Deselect the preference click Apply and restart JMP. 

If you are running an Iris Xe graphics card review the issue as documented here. You can verify your graphics card by running the Install Checker via Help > About JMP > Install Checker. The graphics card version is listed under the Display Information section of the report. Once confirmed, reach out to your IT to ensure you have applied the latest Intel video card driver to address this issue. 

Users running JMP 14 or 15, should consider updating/upgrading to JMP 15.2.1. To update JMP 15.x to 15.2.1 visit https://www.jmp.com/update. If you are running JMP 14 you need to upgrade to 15.2 or 16. Contact JMP Technical Support so we can provide direction based on your product type.

Note: this issue is more common with Windows users. If you are experiencing similar issues on macOS, verify you are running JMP on a support macOS per our System Requirements

Hi, I am using JMP 16 and continue to struggle with dragging and dropping fields in the graph builder even after implementing the workaround (deselecting accelerated hardware graphics) and restarting the program. Sometimes restarting the computer can help but the problem returns. Thank you in advance for your assistance.