cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dledom
Level III

I am trying

I am trying to build a transfer function with inventory as input and sales as the output.  I build both functions and put the results into the Transfer Function Model Specification dialog where I get a "Transfer function model cannot be fitted. Inputs have missing values" error message.  Can someone please advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dledom
Level III

Re: I am trying

I checked that immediately.  I have already excluded the rows with missing values.  I think the problem is in the "Transfer Function Model Specification" input box.  I can't figure out what that error could be!  Once both models are constructed, shouldn't the ARIMA values go into the Transfer Function Model Specification?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
XanGregg
Staff

It seems that some rows of your inventory column have missing values (represented by a dot in the data table), which prevents the transfer function model from working. You might try excluding those rows.

dledom
Level III

I checked that immediately.  I have already excluded the rows with missing values.  I think the problem is in the "Transfer Function Model Specification" input box.  I can't figure out what that error could be!  Once both models are constructed, shouldn't the ARIMA values go into the Transfer Function Model Specification?

dledom
Level III

Does anybody have any suggestions?

jiancao
Staff

"Once both models are constructed, shouldn't the ARIMA values go into the Transfer Function Model Specification?"

You would have to specify the orders of ARIMA for both noise series (i.e., the error term of the output series) and input series like this (See JMP documentation for details.Transfer Functions

Also note that there are a few steps preceding to this final model specification as shown below such as pre-whitening and check cross-correlations, etc.

11486_pastedImage_15.png

11487_pastedImage_16.png

dledom
Level III

I have viewed the CO2 example several times.  I have read the documentation many times and understand the individual ARIMA functions have to be entered.  My problem is I get the "Transfer function model cannot be fitted. Inputs have missing values" error message after I enter the models.  I am at a loss!!