cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
worldkeeping
Level II

How was power calculated from anticipate rmse?

Hi there,

In the evaluate design platform, there is a power analysis section. within that section, one of the option I can set is anticipate rmse. It's default value is 1.

I am wondering how the powers are calculated after I enter a new RMSE. what is the equation that calculate power from rmse. I can't find it everywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How was power calculated from anticipate rmse?

I'm not familiar with this platform but usually you can find the details from jmp help page. Use Help (?) tool from toolbar and hover over to your point of interest and click (in this case Power Analysis), this will open help page close to where you want to be (usually)

jthi_0-1691214365714.png

Then start searching the page you get Design of Experiments Guide > Evaluate Designs > Evaluate Design Window > Power Analysis 

jthi_1-1691214419385.png

Click link and hope that it takes you further Design of Experiments Guide > Technical Details > Power Calculations .

Or in this case I think you have to go a bit further on the first page

jthi_2-1691214622500.png

Hopefully this at least provides some location for correct documentation

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: How was power calculated from anticipate rmse?

I'm not familiar with this platform but usually you can find the details from jmp help page. Use Help (?) tool from toolbar and hover over to your point of interest and click (in this case Power Analysis), this will open help page close to where you want to be (usually)

jthi_0-1691214365714.png

Then start searching the page you get Design of Experiments Guide > Evaluate Designs > Evaluate Design Window > Power Analysis 

jthi_1-1691214419385.png

Click link and hope that it takes you further Design of Experiments Guide > Technical Details > Power Calculations .

Or in this case I think you have to go a bit further on the first page

jthi_2-1691214622500.png

Hopefully this at least provides some location for correct documentation

-Jarmo