Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Laetitia_F
New Contributor

How to vary coefficients of B-splines?

Hello everyone,

I am currently using the Functional Data Explorer platform on JMP pro 14 to model B-splines to fit a set of data I have. When I look at the results, I can see the representation of the curves used, as well as the coefficients applied to these curves to fit my data.

Is there a way to get these curves and to vary the coefficients applied to them to see how they impact the look of the result curve?

To show you what I am looking for, I would like to do something similar to what is shown in this video at minute 14: https://www.jmp.com/en_in/events/ondemand/mastering-jmp/functional-data-explorer-part-1.html.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to vary coefficients of B-splines?

The demonstration uses a custom script to show the relationship between the coefficients and the output.

You can instead click the red triangle next to Functional Summaries and select Save Summaries. The new data table includes a table script to open the Prediction Profiler on the output versus the functional principal components. You can vary the FPC scores and observe the impact on the functional shape.

Learn it once, use it forever!
Laetitia_F
New Contributor

Re: How to vary coefficients of B-splines?

Thanks for your reply, it helped me a lot!

0 Kudos