cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
almighty22
Level II

How to use select where to pick up particular range of value?

9 REPLIES 9
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Re: How to use select where to pick up particular range of value?

@almighty22 ,

When you say you can't access it , what do you mean ? Do you mean you can't see the table or do you mean the table is not performing the action you expect it to perform ? 

It is also possible that you could be opening the tables as invisible or private. So, here is my advice: 

1. Run the code step by step

2. Identify where the issue is

3. In your response, provide screenshots of what is happening and what you expect to happen 
           Alternatively provide random subset of your data or test what you are having problem with using Sample data 

Best
Uday
almighty22
Level II

?

uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@almighty22,
   There are many ways to get to what you want. The following is just one: 

dt = Current Data Table(); // Get reference to the current data table 

dt << Select Where(:Name("Freq(Hz)") >= 10 * 10^6 &  :Name("Freq(Hz)") <= 100 * 10^6); 
Wait(0); 

// Approach 1 
dt1 = dt << Subset(""); 
Current Data Table(dt1); max_s11 = Col Max(dt1:Name("S11(DB)")); min_s11 = Col Min(dt1:Name("S11(DB)")); max_s21 = Col Max(dt1:Name("S21(DB)")); min_s21 = Col Max(dt1:Name("S21(DB)")); // Check Show(max_s11); Show(min_s11); Show(max_s21); Show(min_s21);

For this to work, you will need to have the data table shown in the screenshot open. If you already have  a reference to that datatable, you can just replace that reference in place of dt. 

Best
Uday
almighty22
Level II

What if I wanna use the way like this? But when I debug it the issues showing.

hardner
Level V

I think your issue is the col name has those parentheses in it. That is why uday_guntupalli used Name("Freq(Hz)" ) to talk about that column.
almighty22
Level II

I changed it, but it doesn't work also. The particular range of the frequency for the S11 and S21 didn't not pop out any table :(
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@almighty22 , 
         Can you please provide a copy of your log ? If you wouldn't mind a small subset of your data table as well. 

I don't see a reason for it to fail especially if there is data in that range. 

Best
Uday
almighty22
Level II

What do you means the log? data table? debug results? or the script?
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

image.png

Best
Uday