Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
shasheminassab
Level III

How to stop JMP from opening a new Home window when a Home window is already open?

A new Home window is opened when I open a JMP table even if a Home window is already open. So, after opening a couple of tables, I end up having several Home windows open as well. More importantly, the opened tables don't talk to each other so I cannot join/concatenate them. How to stop JMP from opening a new Home window when a Home window is already open?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to stop JMP from opening a new Home window when a Home window is already open?

Try the recommendations in Problem Note 52261: New instance of JMP® is opened each time a new file is opened.

• Within JMP navigate to File ► Preferences ► Windows Specific and click Reset Associations. If successful, a message should appear saying "Associations reset successfully."[1]
  • Right-click the JMP filetype and choose Open With ► Choose Default Program.... Make sure that the JMP application is selected and the box at the bottom of the screen for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked.
  • Navigate to Control Panel ► Programs ► Make a file type always open in a specific program. From here, you can choose which program opens the specific JMP filetypes.

[1] Note that the first option may require you to run JMP as an administrator. To do that right click on the JMP icon and choose, "Run as administrator."

2020-05-06_09-32-15.388.png

-Jeff
Highlighted
shasheminassab
Level III

Re: How to stop JMP from opening a new Home window when a Home window is already open?

That fixed the issue! thanks !!

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.