cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BSwid
Level IV

How to stack time series data when the data repeats with different units (double stack?)

In this case sales are first expressed in units and then dollars.  This is a common output format from SAP.

Starting file and left.  Goal on the right.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
GM
GM
Level III

Re: How to stack time series data when the data repeats with different units (double stack?)

You should be able to use the Stack option from the Tables menu.  Then, after you have selected the columns that you want to Stack into the Stack Columns Box, you will check the Multiple series stack option, which is a check box under the box where you select the columns that you want to stack.  I hope this helps. MG

View solution in original post

BSwid
Level IV

Re: How to stack time series data when the data repeats with different units (double stack?)

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/stack-columns.shtml Thank you. The key was to choose Contiguous. It did create two columns for the months. But I can write script to remove that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GM
GM
Level III

You should be able to use the Stack option from the Tables menu.  Then, after you have selected the columns that you want to Stack into the Stack Columns Box, you will check the Multiple series stack option, which is a check box under the box where you select the columns that you want to stack.  I hope this helps. MG

BSwid
Level IV

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/14/stack-columns.shtml Thank you. The key was to choose Contiguous. It did create two columns for the months. But I can write script to remove that.