cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
sanqub
Level III

How to remove white space from graph (after using Map)?

I have used graph builder to create a custom map. But there is some white space in the graph, which I would like to remove from graph.

I have tried using axis settings, aspect ratio doesn't seem to work. Could you please suggest any other way to reduce the white space around the image. [Last option would be to save and crop image, but would loose interative feature in case I share it as HTML]. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to remove white space from graph (after using Map)?

If you are referring to the white space on the right side of your map you should just need to resize the window containing the graph.  Once you get it 'right' you save a script to keep track of the plot size.  Here, a ratio of 490:500 makes a shape fit the plot area with no white space.

PS: The shape is exactly 2 by 2, I do not know why the window size needs to be different than 1:1.

Graph Builder(
	Size( 490, 500 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( Color( :X ), Shape( :Shape ID ) ),
	Elements( Map Shapes( Legend( 15 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"",
			ScaleBox,
			{Min( 0 ), Max( 2 ), Inc( 0.2 ), Minor Ticks( 0 )}
		),
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"",
			ScaleBox( 2 ),
		)
	)
)

Map FileMap File

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

If you are referring to the white space on the right side of your map you should just need to resize the graph window. 

ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

If you are referring to the white space on the right side of your map you should just need to resize the window containing the graph.  Once you get it 'right' you save a script to keep track of the plot size.  Here, a ratio of 490:500 makes a shape fit the plot area with no white space.

PS: The shape is exactly 2 by 2, I do not know why the window size needs to be different than 1:1.

Graph Builder(
	Size( 490, 500 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( Color( :X ), Shape( :Shape ID ) ),
	Elements( Map Shapes( Legend( 15 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"",
			ScaleBox,
		),