cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Fabrice_L
Level II

How to permanently change the green color and all JMP graphs ?

Hi,

By default, many graphs in jmp (particularly in the graph builder) use a green color, which, I clearly do not like. I can change the color or each graph, but this is not very practical. I know Preferences -> Styles, Preferences -> Style, Preferences -> Platforms, but I can not find a way to change this color... I have asked this question in the past, with no answer. Really, a software like JMP can do so many things but can not change the preference of the default color used in all graphs ? 

Thanks for any help. F.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to permanently change the green color and all JMP graphs ?

Ah, that color green.  I don't know how to find this in the preferences dialog, but trying running this in a JSL script:

Preferences( Histogram Color( blue ) );

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Would Preferences > Graphs > Color Themes (specifically categorical) help?

Fabrice_L
Level II

Thanks for your answer, but I don't think this is the solution (unless I miss something). This is a the color theme to represent different values of a categorical variable. I have found in Preferences -> Platforms -> Distributions how to change the default value of the histogram, but this is not the same value used in the graph builder.
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Ah, that color green.  I don't know how to find this in the preferences dialog, but trying running this in a JSL script:

Preferences( Histogram Color( blue ) );
Fabrice_L
Level II

Yeah ! This works ! There is a thousand of options ins the preferences, but not this one ! It seems they have just forgotten this one... Thanks !
nascif_jmp
Level VI

I recommend adding this to the JMP Wish List so that it can be tracked and other users can vote on it.

Fabrice_L
Level II

DOne !
mlo1
Level IV

mlo1_0-1608566837579.png

The Graph and Window Background Colour should do the job

Fabrice_L
Level II

Thanks for your answer, but this is not the solution. This panel permits to change (for example) the color of the background of a graph, or the color of the background of the window; this works and affect the graph builder (I've tried, see attached image), but the green color of the histogram. 

txnelson
Super User

Right click on the legend and select Fill Color to change the color of the Historgram

histcolor.PNG

Jim