Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to overlay two contour plots?

marcokunzelmann

Community Trekker

Jun 9, 2015

Hello community,

short and hopefully an easy question. I want to overlay 2 contour plots, how can I do that in an simple way?

Please give me a detailed description, I'm totally new to jmp

Greetings!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi,

Make your contour plots and then right click in one of them.  Go to Edit > Copy Frame Contents.  Go to the other plot right click and go to Edit.  Select Paste Frame Contents.

Best,

Bill

5 REPLIES
Solution

Hi,

Make your contour plots and then right click in one of them.  Go to Edit > Copy Frame Contents.  Go to the other plot right click and go to Edit.  Select Paste Frame Contents.

Best,

Bill

bwilliamson

Community Trekker

Jul 27, 2015

I don't have the "Copy" or "Paste Frame Contents" as an option under the Edit heading on the graph (JMP 12.0.1)... =(

Does the contour plot have to be based on a model? I'm using a plethora of data points to make the contour plots.

Thanks

David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

Where are you looking? This is a feature associated with all graphs and has been around as long as I can remember so you will have it in version 12.  Right mouse click in the graphical area.  This is where you will typically have options to change line widths, marker size etc.  The last option is Edit.  This is a menu of options including the ability to copy and paste frame contents.

-Dave
bwilliamson

Community Trekker

Jul 27, 2015

X_x
I was looking under the "Edit" menu in the toolbar, not the popup menu on the plot area.
Thanks for your help!
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Is this example what you want to do?

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
dt << Graph Builder(
	Size( 534, 454 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ), Overlay( :sex ) ),
	Elements( Contour( X, Y, Legend( 5 ) ) )
);
Learn it once, use it forever!