cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to maximise a window

Please forgive me if this is simple but I am fairly new to scripting. How does one get a journal window to be maximised in a script? I am trying to automate some SPC control charts and I get them to a journal which is displayed on the screen of a particular equipment. If I run the script from the script window which is already maximised then the journal is maximised. If I open and the script straight from windows explorer then it does not maximise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to maximise a window

Hi,

You can send the Maximize Window message to the journal.  Here is the syntax:

Current Journal() << Maximize Window( 1 );

Hope that helps!

Wendy

Hi WK,

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I am using an older version (4.0.5) of jmp so I wonder if that is the reason.

Regards

Unfortunately, neither Current Journal() nor Maximize Window were available in JMP 4.  You could try using the Size Window command to resize the journal window to x pixels wide by y pixels high.   You will need a reference to the journal window to make this work.  In JMP 4, to get a handle to the journal, you had to save it then re-open it.  Here is a simple example:

2024_JMP4Example.PNG

JSL has advanced so much since JMP 4.  I definitely recommend upgrading!

Good luck!

Wendy