cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
yummy
Level I

How to make script a function of merging tables(3 different excel(or csv) files)

Hello:)

I have a question about making a script for merging tables.

There are few steps as followings that i want to do.

1. There are 3 different files which have its own test results of different types and shares the same configuration code.

2. I want to merge these 3 files into one table using JMP tool bar [table - update - match(configuration code].

So far, it is fine and works so well. But i want to make these entire steps as a JSL Script for automation.

Somebody help me:) Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to make script a function of merging tables(3 different excel(or csv) files)

Perform your desired merging interactively.  Then go to the Source Entry in the new data table that was created, and  right mouse click and select Edit.  It will display the script that was used to put the data together.  Copy and Paste it into a new script window.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to make script a function of merging tables(3 different excel(or csv) files)

Perform your desired merging interactively.  Then go to the Source Entry in the new data table that was created, and  right mouse click and select Edit.  It will display the script that was used to put the data together.  Copy and Paste it into a new script window.

Jim
yummy
Level I

Thank you, sir. You are genius. As you mentioned, I could get a script.

I want to merge 3 different tables, i'll call them A,B,C. 

So, I want to merge these 3 files(A,B,C). First, I merged A and B. And the merged table showed up. At that window, I tried merge it and C.

(A,B,C all have same column. The name is 'config_code'. So I used this column for 'match'.)

What i wanted for final result is the one table containing A,B,C. But, what i got is containing just two of them. A&B or A&C.

Did this problem come from JMP trial version? Or Is there something I did wrong?

Thank you:)