cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TDK_Long
Level III

How to make a line plot overlay instead of the dot plot overlay in JMP?

Hi folks,

I have the following dot plot overlay. The plot looks broken at certain frequencies since the dots are not connected to each other. The blue plot has two parts and the red plot has three parts. I would like to plot the overlay with line instead of dots. 

Picture #1.PNG

For example, the following plot (not from me) can plot the overlay with line plots shown below. The blue plot and red plot both are lines for each individual part instead of the dot plot that I have in the above. 

Picture #2.PNG

I am attaching a data table and could any one help advise how we can make the line plot similar to the above, or if there is any JSL can enable the above plot. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to make a line plot overlay instead of the dot plot overlay in JMP?

I think you are trying to make 5 lines here, 2 blue and 3 red. It helps to have a column that indexes which line is which. Your data seems to be 5 series from 5 files, but there is no identifier. It looks like the series repeat every 4800 lines, so I added a "File Number" column that labels the 5 series. Then that new column is used in the overlay role in graph builder, like this:

gb.png

Edited data table and graph builder script attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Hi @TDK_Long ,

You mean something like this?

It's just a line chart but yeah, you need to tick the "row order"

WebDesignesCrow_1-1701823541465.png

Or may be something like this? Smoother line

WebDesignesCrow_2-1701824702017.png

TDK_Long
Level III

Thanks WebDesignesCrow. I was looking for what Jordan did below. Thank you for the time. 

I think you are trying to make 5 lines here, 2 blue and 3 red. It helps to have a column that indexes which line is which. Your data seems to be 5 series from 5 files, but there is no identifier. It looks like the series repeat every 4800 lines, so I added a "File Number" column that labels the 5 series. Then that new column is used in the overlay role in graph builder, like this:

gb.png

Edited data table and graph builder script attached.

TDK_Long
Level III

Thanks, Jordan. That's what I was looking for. 

txnelson
Super User

Jim