Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ivanpicchi
Level III

How to extract the prediction interval in DOE

Hi members!

I need to do some experiments to validate the model and I need to get all the prediction intervals from my answers. In the example below, only the confidence interval appears shaded, enclosed in blue brackets. How do I get the prediction interval instead of the confidence interval? Would it be possible to also select the confidence interval for the prediction profiler with all the responses together?

Thanks!

ivanpicchi_0-1718385111251.png

4 REPLIES 4
ivanpicchi
Level III

Re: How to extract the prediction interval in DOE

anyone, help plz =~

jthi
Super User

Which JMP version are you using? I think this might have been added in JMP18 (could be earlier but I'm not sure)

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/example-of-confidence-and-prediction-intervals-us...

jthi_0-1718434692446.png

-Jarmo
ivanpicchi
Level III

my version is 17 pro: would anyone know where I can find the prediction interval option?

* not appear equal to 18 in the menu

ivanpicchi_0-1718719492528.png

MRB3855
Super User

Hi @ivanpicchi :  It doesn't appear there is a prediction interval option in the v17 profiler. So, you may have to save the prediction interval formula(s) in the data set (via red triangle at top of output).  And to predict where there is no data, just put values of interest in for the X's and leave the Y blank. If you also want to see some plots, you could then use graph builder...