cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
statlover
Level I

How to determine optimal cluster size in Hierarchical Clustering?

Which report helps us to determine the optimal cluster size from the hierarchical cluster. I have 1 to 20 clusters from the dendogram. But I am not not how to choose the right number of clusters.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to determine optimal cluster size in Hierarchical Clustering?

I assume that you already studied the documentation for the hierarchical clustering (Help > Books > Multivariate Methods > Hierarchical Clustering) that explains the various kinds of information to select a model and assess and interpret the selected model. Which information are you asking about?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
statlover
Level I

Which report helps us to determine the optimal cluster size from the hierarchical cluster. I have 1 to 20 clusters from the dendogram. But I am not not how to choose the right number of clusters.

I assume that you already studied the documentation for the hierarchical clustering (Help > Books > Multivariate Methods > Hierarchical Clustering) that explains the various kinds of information to select a model and assess and interpret the selected model. Which information are you asking about?

statlover
Level I

Thanks. I read about the plot between number of clusters and distance. That explains what I was looking for.Thank you