cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
statlover
Level I

How to determine optimal cluster size in Hierarchical Clustering?

Which report helps us to determine the optimal cluster size from the hierarchical cluster. I have 1 to 20 clusters from the dendogram. But I am not not how to choose the right number of clusters.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to determine optimal cluster size in Hierarchical Clustering?

I assume that you already studied the documentation for the hierarchical clustering (Help > Books > Multivariate Methods > Hierarchical Clustering) that explains the various kinds of information to select a model and assess and interpret the selected model. Which information are you asking about?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
statlover
Level I

Which report helps us to determine the optimal cluster size from the hierarchical cluster. I have 1 to 20 clusters from the dendogram. But I am not not how to choose the right number of clusters.

I assume that you already studied the documentation for the hierarchical clustering (Help > Books > Multivariate Methods > Hierarchical Clustering) that explains the various kinds of information to select a model and assess and interpret the selected model. Which information are you asking about?

statlover
Level I

Thanks. I read about the plot between number of clusters and distance. That explains what I was looking for.Thank you