cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Thierry_S
Super User

How to customized color map levels in Clustering > Hierarchical (without standardization)?

I would like to modify the color setting (i.e. gradient) for the legend of a color map generated by the Clustering > Hierarchical. Specifically, I would like to center the color gradient to 0 and assign the maximum and minimum values manually so that the color map is symmetrical.

In all other platforms that use color gradients, I just right-click the legend and edit its parameters but this option is not available in the cluster platform

(JMP 14.1.0, Windows 10)

Thank you for your help.

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to customized color map levels in Clustering > Hierarchical (without standardization)?

Hi @Thierry_S

The color map in Clustering > Hierarchical operates in much the same way as the Graph > Cell Plot. There is control over the gradient in general terms (right-click a cell in the color map > color theme), but this implementation lacks the fine-grained control you see in say Graph > Graph Builder, where you can specify not just a theme, but a lightness range, number of levels, min, center, and max, etc.

But I have some good news for you. Hierarchical does honor the Color Gradient property that you set for a column in Column Properties (right click column > column properties). So, set your specific gradients there, where you can specify not just theme but min/max/center, and then when you request the color map in Hierarchical you will get your column-specified gradients (regardless of what you pick in Hierarchical). 

I hope this helps!

@julian 

clusterthemes.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to customized color map levels in Clustering > Hierarchical (without standardization)?

Hi @Thierry_S

The color map in Clustering > Hierarchical operates in much the same way as the Graph > Cell Plot. There is control over the gradient in general terms (right-click a cell in the color map > color theme), but this implementation lacks the fine-grained control you see in say Graph > Graph Builder, where you can specify not just a theme, but a lightness range, number of levels, min, center, and max, etc.

But I have some good news for you. Hierarchical does honor the Color Gradient property that you set for a column in Column Properties (right click column > column properties). So, set your specific gradients there, where you can specify not just theme but min/max/center, and then when you request the color map in Hierarchical you will get your column-specified gradients (regardless of what you pick in Hierarchical). 

I hope this helps!

@julian 

clusterthemes.png