cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to customize Quantiles setting for a distribution in JMP?

Hi, there

Below is a example of quantiles for a distribution. The question is how can I change the ith setting to the value I want (eg. 95%th) besides the default setting (100%,99.5%,97.5%,...,0.5%,0.0%)? Appreciate valuable reply, thanks.

Quantiles

100.0% maximum 103.30

99.5%           95.76

97.5%           90.33

90.0%           83.16

75.0% quartile   76.65

50.0% median   69.98

25.0% quartile   63.41

10.0%           57.41

2.5%           50.77

0.5%           41.94

0.0% minimum   29.82

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [Discussion]How to customize Quantiles setting for a distribution in JPM?

I don't know of a way to customize all the quantiles that are shown in a Distribution report. However, there is a platform preference (File > Preferences > Platforms > Distribution) called "Set Quantile Increment". If you only want the 95th percentile, you can check the box for this preference and enter a value of 0.95. This will give you a Quantiles report in Distribution that has only two rows (0% and 95%). If you specify a smaller value (such as .1), then you can get the quantiles at each 10% increment.

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Does anybody know the answer?

Go to "Tables -> Summary" and look at the "For quantile statistics enter value (%)"

Thanks,Mike.
The method you suggested is applicable, while can the quantiles table attached to the distribution chart(histogram) be changed?

I don't think there is a way to change the default at this time.

I don't know of a way to customize all the quantiles that are shown in a Distribution report. However, there is a platform preference (File > Preferences > Platforms > Distribution) called "Set Quantile Increment". If you only want the 95th percentile, you can check the box for this preference and enter a value of 0.95. This will give you a Quantiles report in Distribution that has only two rows (0% and 95%). If you specify a smaller value (such as .1), then you can get the quantiles at each 10% increment.

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development