cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
samir
Level IV

How to create stable wafer maps indicating the flat

Hi,

I am triying to create a wafer map and indicate the position of the flat.

I managed to create the map but using the function "Path" to create the wafer borders was not successful...So I tried to use the function "Circle" and cut it where the flat should be.

The outcome is shown in the right picture below.

There 2 instabilities:

1/ the circle seems to scale differently from the window itself !

2/ When I try to save the picture using the "save picture" function, the wafer borders shift (see left picture below) !

My questions:

1/ Is there a way to have the wafer border including the flat in a simple and stable way when saving the picture ?

2/ Is it also possible to have it tied to the XCoord and Ycoord ? (meaning stable towards window scaling ?).

Please find attached the data table (ShotMap_Test.jmp) and the table needed to create the map (WaferMap.jmp).

Attached also the script I used (it is also attached to the data table)

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to create stable wafer maps indicating the flat

Some things I'm doing differently:

• Using the Isometric sizing in the frame box to ensure the data points are square.
  • Using an Expression() and Substitute into() to calculate and hard code the values into the script based on the actual data.

In your code, it looks like if you change the frame size or axis things are going to get weird.  The strategies I used above make the script static and tied to the scale of the data.  So you can change things in the graph and it should distort everything the same.

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Have a look at the annotate capability of the semiconductor toolkit.  Semiconductor Toolkit

If it's not doing what you need add a comment there and we can see what's missing.

Best,

M

samir
Level IV

It looks indeed nice, but I am stuck with JMP11 (and it will be for a couple of more months).

Is it possible to get a hint on how to draw in a stable way the wafer borders ?

It should run just fine on JMP11, but you'll need to make a small change in the Add-in to install it.  Here's the procedure:

1. Download the Add-in.  
  2. In JMP select File > Open, and navigate to the add-in.  
  3. Select it and select "Edit after open" in the options (this is under the options panel in MacOS and the little gray triangle menu on the open button on windows).  
  4. Once you're in the add-in, just change the "Minimum JMP Version" to 11 and save it.  This should also install it.  If not just open the add-in as normal without step 3.

The Annotate Tool isn't doing anything too fancy, so I think it should behave with v11.  I can't be sure as I don't have v11 set up at the moment.  You might run into issues with some of the other tools, though.  Also, while you have it open you can look at the files and scripts to see what I'm doing in there which may give you some hints as to where you're hitting issues.

Best,

M

samir
Level IV

I tried indeed, but it does not work (see attached a snapshot of the error-message).

Here you go... Try this.

samir
Level IV

Thanks a lot M_Anderson,

It works now !

I see your add-in contains a much advanced code than what I am compiling :)

I went through it and see already a few interesting points...

I see you also use "Circle" to draw the wafer edge. One question: How do you make sure the radius of the circle is resized correctly when the widow size changes (in other words: how to link the radius to the window dimensions ?).

I used the following code but it does not do the job:

// Calculate the center of the circle
Report( Biv )[Framebox( 1 )] << add graphics script(
	x1 = (Col Min( WaferMap:X ) + Col Max( WaferMap:X )) / 2;
	y1 = (Col Min( WaferMap:Y ) + Col Max( WaferMap:Y )) / 2;
// Calculate the radius
	{r1, r2} = Report( Biv )[Framebox( 1 )] << Get Size();
	radius = (r1 + r2) / 26.5;	
	Biv << reshow;
	Pen Size( 2 );
	Circle( {x1, y1}, radius );

);

Some things I'm doing differently:

• Using the Isometric sizing in the frame box to ensure the data points are square.
  • Using an Expression() and Substitute into() to calculate and hard code the values into the script based on the actual data.

In your code, it looks like if you change the frame size or axis things are going to get weird.  The strategies I used above make the script static and tied to the scale of the data.  So you can change things in the graph and it should distort everything the same.

I hope that helps.