cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to create deciles in JMP Pro 12?

I have a set of scores derived from a model and I want to categorize these predictive scores into decile. How do I go about doing that?

Jenkins Macedo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
scwise
Staff

Re: How to create deciles in JMP Pro 12?

See if this helps with using the add-in for quantile column creation...I attached a few screen shots below.

This is my favorite way to do quantiles as you will have a ready quantile column created for anlaysis and graphing!

Once you identify the column, use the Set Cutpoints At Percentiles option from the Interactive Binning red triangle.

Then put in 10 to get every decile and put in the labels you want to see in the column.

Then use the Save Group Column to get the formula created back to your datatable!10582_Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 9.55.26 AM.png

10583_Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 9.59.21 AM.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Perhaps Interactive Binning​ would help.

It will set cut points based on percentiles.

-Jeff

-Jeff

I just downloaded the app and trying to follow the instructions

Jenkins Macedo
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Or just use distribution then from the red triangle: Display Options>Set Quantile Increment and enter the increment you desire and your Quantiles output will be updated with the desired quintiles.  You can't save the quantiles as you can with the add-in (developer nudge - but I would like the option to save the quantile group).

Sounds good. I will try both options. I want the data to be portray into ten deciles with the 1st decile of those who contain the highest predictive score and the 10th decile with those of the lowest predictive scores. Make sense?

Jenkins Macedo
scwise
Staff

See if this helps with using the add-in for quantile column creation...I attached a few screen shots below.

This is my favorite way to do quantiles as you will have a ready quantile column created for anlaysis and graphing!

Once you identify the column, use the Set Cutpoints At Percentiles option from the Interactive Binning red triangle.

Then put in 10 to get every decile and put in the labels you want to see in the column.

Then use the Save Group Column to get the formula created back to your datatable!10582_Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 9.55.26 AM.png

10583_Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 9.59.21 AM.png

Scott, this is exactly what I needed and went bye like wind using the Interactive Binning. Perfect guys!

Jenkins Macedo

10584_Decile Results on Stepwise Regression Scores.jpg

Jenkins Macedo

I just displayed the decile created into distribution and it appears the 3rd and 4th decile are missing even though they appear in the formula. Could there be no records were allocated to these two decile when I entered 10 when specifying the percentile?

Jenkins Macedo

10585_3rd - 4th Decile zero.jpg

Jenkins Macedo