cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jericson
Level I

How to connect bias points to central line?

Hello,

I am working on some error analysis and have been asked to represent our biases in a plot graph. I have the biases plotted but was also asked about connecting each point back to "0 bias". I know I could do it with HLine for each individual point but was wondering if there was a way to accomplish the same feat using a script for all points rather than one by one. I am using JMP 16. I am also attaching a mockup version of the data for reference.

Thanks you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to connect bias points to central line?

You can most likely add bar chart which is being styled as Needle. This way you won't need scripting at all

jthi_0-1666891048873.png

and then you can add 0 as reference line if you want (and style the visuals as you want)

jthi_1-1666891104992.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

You can most likely add bar chart which is being styled as Needle. This way you won't need scripting at all

jthi_0-1666891048873.png

and then you can add 0 as reference line if you want (and style the visuals as you want)

jthi_1-1666891104992.png

-Jarmo
Jericson
Level I

Hello,

Thank you so much. Glad to see the answer was even simpler than I expected. This does exactly what I was trying to do with much less work than I was expecting.

jthi
Super User

There might be some problems if there are multiple values for same concentration. In that case V Line might be the easiest option. Below is one option which should work

Pen Size(1);
For Each({val, idx}, :Concentration << Get Values,
	V Line(val, 0, :Bias[idx]);
);

jthi_0-1666891990279.png

Edit: In some cases it might be enough to change the bar plots summary statistic to min/max. In some cases you might have to add two bar charts, one for Min and one for Max

-Jarmo