Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dyan
Level I

How to automatically select table in journal in order to rerun in new window

Hi JMP Community, 

After generating a Journal, I would use "rerun in new window" to rerun the plot, however before it executes it will ask to me select a table. How do i make it so that it will automatically select the tables in the folders for me since the both are in the same folder.

Screenshot (3).png

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to automatically select table in journal in order to rerun in new window

I'm not sure if it can be done through a journal as it seems like Journal doesn't save the data table reference (reports in Journal are also static). I haven't really used Journals so only option that quickly comes to my mind is to to add a button which would then run a script to re-create the report (also if you have JMP17 using Workflow builder might work)

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: How to automatically select table in journal in order to rerun in new window

I'm not sure if it can be done through a journal as it seems like Journal doesn't save the data table reference (reports in Journal are also static). I haven't really used Journals so only option that quickly comes to my mind is to to add a button which would then run a script to re-create the report (also if you have JMP17 using Workflow builder might work)

-Jarmo
Dyan
Level I

Thanks for the suggestion to making a button. I went ahead and make a button that connects to a script that opens my data tables.

Byron_JMP
Staff

The second option is the key to making this work the way you want.

Choose the Edit Script option

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 6.53.00 AM.png

 Then edit the script like this:

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 6.53.10 AM.png

 The first line tells JMP which file to open. Then on the second line insert "dt<<" before the first argument. That sends the argument to the specified data table.  Note that "dt" is an arbitrary variable name.

Hope this helps

-B

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)