Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mugovind
Level I

python JMP Integration - windows

after setting env variables for "Python sys path" 

tried running the below code,

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Python Init();

JMP15 terminates immediately. any work aorund?

#python

#JMP 15

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: python JMP Integration - windows

I had the same issue when I was running Anaconda Python.....It was suggested that I not use Anaconda, and so I deleted it, and downloaded from the Python site and it worked fine after that.

Jim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

I had the same issue when I was running Anaconda Python.....It was suggested that I not use Anaconda, and so I deleted it, and downloaded from the Python site and it worked fine after that.

Jim
thentangler1
Level II

Is it possible to have both Anaconda and the base Python environment and get JMP to point to the base Python environment?

I would like to conitnue using anaconda for my other analytical needs, but JMP is not playing nice with it. 

EstelleS
Level III

Yes it is possible. I spent a lot of time trying to get JMP to use a virtual environment in Anaconda and just ended up installing Python from python.org. I have both installations now and I currently use python integration by pointing to the python.org environment.

thentangler1
Level II

Thats great! 

Would it be possible for you to show me how to point it to my desired environment?

EstelleS
Level III

I have success using both of the Path() and Python Sys Path() arguments in Python Init() shown below. Python Path is simply the path to the dll in the virtual environment and you can get the sys path list by launching python in your environment, typing "import sys", then "sys.path" and copy-pasting the output like I have below:

PythonPath = "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Python37\<Virtual Environment>\Scripts\python37.dll";
PythonSysPathList = {"", "C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37\\<Virtual Environment>\\Scripts\\python37.zip",
"C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37\\DLLs",
"C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37\\lib",
"C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37",
"C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37\\<Virtual Environment>",
"C:\\Users\\<userid>\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37\\<Virtual Environment>\\lib\\site-packages"};

Python Init( 
	Path( PythonPath ), 
	Python Sys Path( PythonSysPathList )
);
version = Python Get Version();
Show( version );

This is what works for me and it recognizes package imports that I only have installed in my virtual environment. Good luck!

Level I

i try your method but fail, soI follow the manual and  manually add the JMP_LIB_PYTHON_PATH environment variable, which can work out