cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ENTHU
Level IV

How to automate variability chart plotting?

I have a table with following information.I have this data for ~40 different tests and upper and lower limit are different for each of the test.

How can I automate the variability chart plotting?

part_numtest_nummeasured_valueupperlimitlowerlimit

Following is what I need to automate-

ENTHU_0-1614291397031.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Georg
Level VII

Re: How to automate variability chart plotting?

One easy way would be, if you have e.g. that data in 40 tables of different datasets with same structure (column names),

to build the analysis in the first one, save it as script, copy it to all other tables, and execute it.

Otherwise we would need more specific information, an example would also help.

Georg
txnelson
Super User

If you run the Variability Platform as you have it setup, you can go to the output and click on the red triangle next to "Variability Chart" and select 

Save By-Group Script=>Script Window

and it will create the script you need.

Variability Chart( Y( :measured_value ), X( :part_num ), BY( :test_num ) );

However, you mention Spec Limits, but in your Variability Chart specification, has no ability to handle Spec Limits.

So what I am saying, is that I think there are additional requirement that you may have for the output you want.

If not, the above script is what you need. 

Jim
ENTHU
Level IV

I was able to automate this part -

Variability Chart( Y( :measured_value ), X( :part_num ), BY( :test_num ) );

I need to put the reference lines with upper spec limit and lower spec limit on to the variability plot and this is the part I'm struggling with.

So let's say I have 9 different tests and the upper limit and lower limit are different for these 9 tests,how do I automate that?

pauldeen
Level VI

varChart = Variability Chart( Y( :measured_value ), X( :part_num ), BY( :test_num ) );
ResponseMean = 10;
Report(varchart)[AxisBox(1)] << Add Ref Line( ResponseMean, "Solid", "Blue", Concat("Standard: ",char(Round(ResponseMean,1))) , 1 )

Assuming you run the whole thing in a for loop you can take yor spec limits from a list or column in another table. Then read them into this script and the third line shows you how to add a line to the variability charts. Copy it multiple times for USL, LSL and mean.