cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ayakt
Level I

How to apply display options to multiple results(figures)

(I am new to JMP and do not have much experiences with R or S language)

What is the easiest way to apply the same display option to multiple figures at once?

For example, I have 20 histograms from one Distribution analysis result view, and want to apply "Show Counts" from Histogram options to all 20 histograms.

Other example is, I have 45 fit Y by X figures, and want to apply "Box Plots" from Display options to all 45 figures.

Is there any way to apply the options at once, instead of clicking the red downward arrow on each figure title?

I appreciate any input. Thank you for your help!

(JMP 12.2.0 Mac OSX 10.10.5)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to apply display options to multiple results(figures)

If you hold down the control key when you make the selection, it will apply the settings to all displayed objects within the display window.

Jim

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
txnelson
Super User

If you hold down the control key when you make the selection, it will apply the settings to all displayed objects within the display window.

Jim
ayakt
Level I

Thank you very much for your quick response!

It worked, though for Mac, it was command key, not control.

Anyhow, it helps me from hours of repetitive work... Thank you! !

dingo
Level I

Hi,

I have used the control key pressed down for applying horizontal (and vertical) grids across all figures (Fit X by Y), however it just generated the grid on the active figure used for setting/selecting the grid option. I had to manually apply the grid for each figure separately. 

Any idea why this didn't work for me? I'm using JMP 15.

Thanks,

- Dean

txnelson
Super User

The grid line feature is part of the Axis Settings.  Because the specifics of  axes, the CNTL feature is not supported for these settings.

However, I am on your side when it come to the Grid Lines.  They could be under the CNTL capability.  I suggest that you put in a request in JMP Wish List, to have grid lines supported in such a way.

Jim

@txnelson is correct that holding the CTRL key (Windows) or Command key (Macintosh) will not help 'broadcast' the change to all the other similar objects. On the other hand, it will broadcast the Paste Axis Settings command:

1. Change the axis for one plot to the desired settings.
  2. Right-click the axis and select Edit > Copy Axis Settings.
  3. Press and hold the CTRL or Command key.
  4. Right-click on the axis in another plot and select Edit > Paste Axis Settings.

NOTE: the copy and paste operations affect ALL the settings, so this approach might not be appropriate in every situation.

Another way that you can edit multiple objects is through the property editor.  Right-click on the outline disclosure icon to bring up the property panel:

ShowProperties.png

Select one of the axes, and then use the "Select" menu to select all matching axes either by orientation or by column:

PropertyAxis.png

In the property panel below, you can change any property and have it apply to all selected objects:

PropertyAxisGrid.png

Note that behaviors will vary with JMP version - the property panel has been around for several releases, but multi-select for editing multiple objects was added in JMP 14, and multi-select for editing the Axis Label Row sub-objects is new in JMP 15.

I hope that helps!

That's a very helpful tip. Thanks!

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

for even more time saving try pressing the Alt and ctrl keys together while clicking on the red triangle.

in addition, you are able to change preferences for the platforms to make them defaults on your machine.

JMP Preferences

http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Platforms.shtml

ayakt
Level I

Thank you so much for the additional information!