cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
g191316
Level I

How to apply analysis to multiple result?

I want to apply the same statiscal analysis to several figures, how could I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to apply analysis to multiple result?

One of the universal features the the holding down of the Control Key when you make a selection, or resize a graph.  Holding down the Control Key(CNTL) will tell JMP to apply the same selection to all of the same results in the display window.

Also, you can change the preferences so that by default, the Wilcoxon test will automatically performed whenever you run a Oneway Platform

File==>Preferences==>Platforms==>Oneway

Then select Wilcoxon Each Pair

Jim

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
txnelson
Super User

Can you please provide some additional details.  What do you mean when you say "Figures"?  What statistical analysis are you going to be using?

Jim
g191316
Level I

Hello, 

sorry for the vague description.

I created several figures with the same X factor but different Y response.

And I am going to apply Wilcoxon to each of them.

It's a repetitive work to click on buttons for Wilcoxon test on each figure, so I am wondering if there's better way that apply to all the figures.

Thanks!

g191316
Level I

Hello, 

sorry for the vague description.

I created several figures with the same X factor but different Y response.

And I am going to apply Wilcoxon to each of them.

It's a repetitive work to click on buttons for Wilcoxon test on each figure, so I am wondering if there's better way that apply to all the figures.

Thanks!

txnelson
Super User

One of the universal features the the holding down of the Control Key when you make a selection, or resize a graph.  Holding down the Control Key(CNTL) will tell JMP to apply the same selection to all of the same results in the display window.

Also, you can change the preferences so that by default, the Wilcoxon test will automatically performed whenever you run a Oneway Platform

File==>Preferences==>Platforms==>Oneway

Then select Wilcoxon Each Pair

Jim
g191316
Level I

Thank you Jim!

Changing preference is a perfact way to save my time!

I did try holding Control key to include all the figures I intended to analyze, and click on the red triangle on one of the figure choosing Wilcoxon.

But it didn't work out applying to all the figure.

Did I do anything worng?

txnelson
Super User

Is each analysis in a separate window, or are you generating them all at once and then they all appear in one display window?  If your answer is the later, then the CNTL will work.  The CNTL will not span across display windows

Jim
g191316
Level I

It's in one display window.

I made an illustration slide of how I carry out that process using add mean and stev as example.

Could you please correct my mistakes?

Thank you very much!

txnelson
Super User

I do not know what you are doing with selecting the objects in the display window.  That is not part of what I am talking about.  All that I am talking about is hold down the CNTL key and while you are holding it down, selecting the options you want.  I have included a sample video.  The results of what you see in the video are because while I was selecting the different options, I had the CNTL key held down.

Jim
g191316
Level I

Thanks, Jim.

I previuosly misunderstood what you said, now the problem is solved.

Thank you again