cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jthi
Super User

How to access Filter Col Selector settings

Does anyone have any idea how to access Filter Col Selector's settings? I can set them but I haven't figured out how I could for example check which data types are allowed in a Filter Col Selector.

Basically anything would be fine for me. I'm trying to build "generic" script which I could use to change data table in filter col selector because to my knowledge it isn't possibly without remaking the filter col selectorAdd option to change col list box/filter col selector datatable . But to re-create one I would want to have same settings as the old one (one option for me is that I completely give up with Filter Col Selector and Col List Selector and write my own classes for those, but I would rather not).

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
nw = New Window("Filter Col Selector Example",
	fontobj = lb = Filter Col Selector(width(250)),
);
lb << Character(0);

p = (nw << Xpath("//PopupBox"))[1];
p << Get Menu Count;
p << Get Menu Text(18);
-Jarmo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to access Filter Col Selector settings

I did contact JMP support about this some time ago and there is no way to get that information (currently). R&D has been notified about my request, but it wasn't, at least not yet, flagged as a feature which will be added.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Byron_JMP
Staff

Can you use Column Dialog() instead?   Column dialog allow filtering by data and modeling type.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
jthi
Super User

Column Dialog is too restrictive on what it allows me to create and I prefer the "freedom" I have with New Window. I might have to give up with generic solution for Filter Col Selector (for now) and use expressions to re-create them if user wants to change the datatable it refers to.

-Jarmo
jthi
Super User

I did contact JMP support about this some time ago and there is no way to get that information (currently). R&D has been notified about my request, but it wasn't, at least not yet, flagged as a feature which will be added.

-Jarmo
shampton82
Level VII

Any update on this, I was trying to set the filter to default on vs having to use the red triangle every time and don't see any way to script that in which is annoying.

Steve 

jthi
Super User

Do you mean the find you get with Filter Col Selector? Luckily it can be currently easily enabled by scripting the IfBox which hides it

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

// option1
nw = New Window("Option1",
    fcs = Filter Col Selector(),
	fcs[IfBox(1)] << Set(1)
);

// not as good option
nw = New Window("Other Option",
    fcs = Filter Col Selector(),
    ((fcs << Parent) << Xpath("//IfBox")) << set(1)
);

-Jarmo