cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
notoriousapp
Level III

How do you change the control group when using Dunnett's test?

I'm performing a Dunnett's Test using a control group.  When I run the Dunnett's test I'm prompoted to select the control group, I select the control group and the graph and statistics are updated, no issues so far.  The problem is when I'd like to change the control group, how do you do this without having to re-run the entire Fit YbyX analysis?  

When I remove the Dunnett's test and then turn it back on I'm not prompted to select the control group again, JMP automatically selects the group which was selected the first time the analysis was run but I'd like to select a different group.

I'm using JMP 13.  The information I'm seeking is not in the help section or books.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do you change the control group when using Dunnett's test?

I see what you are trying to do - and you are right the relaunch keeps the same properites that you used the first time you ran the analysis. A work around is once you run your analysis go to the red triangle: Save Script > To Script Window and you will get a snipet of JSL code that looks something like this:

Oneway(

Y( :Column Name ),

X( :Column Name ),

With Control( 1, {3} ),

Comparison Circles( 1 ),

Points Jittered( 1 )

);

Change the number in the {} that I have bolded to the number that you want to for your control group and then run the script.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

I see what you are trying to do - and you are right the relaunch keeps the same properites that you used the first time you ran the analysis. A work around is once you run your analysis go to the red triangle: Save Script > To Script Window and you will get a snipet of JSL code that looks something like this:

Oneway(

Y( :Column Name ),

X( :Column Name ),

With Control( 1, {3} ),

Comparison Circles( 1 ),

Points Jittered( 1 )

);

Change the number in the {} that I have bolded to the number that you want to for your control group and then run the script.

KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

So, I gave you a work around to enable you to change your control group.  However, there is deeper question. Why woud you want to  change your control group? Is that not contrary to the concept of a control group?  Remember that there are many options for multiple comparisions depending on what question you are trying to answer.