cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

How do I use JSL to categorize positive and negative values in the same column?

According to the data of the "weight" column in document "Arrhythmia" 、and the "criterion" file in the attachment, the "level" column is obtained.

Then, according to the "level" column and "class" column, the data of "V3 QRSTA" column are classified according to the following rules:
Row basis is "level", column basis is "class", and positive value and negative value of "V3 QRSTA" column are classified and summarized respectively.

2019-07-18_15-43-22.png

The above operations can be easily completed with excel and its functions, but the speed is slow when the data volume is large.

If the amount of data is large, how to use JMP JSL should be completed more quickly.Thank you very much!
This problem is quite complicated. I made several pictures and uploaded 2 files.

22 REPLIES 22
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I use JSL to categorize positive and negative values in the same column?

Create a new character column in your data table. Use a formula to set the value in the column to a "+" if the column V3 QRSTA is greater than 0 and a "-" if below zero. Then do your Tables==>Summary and add the new column as an additional Group variable, keeping Class as your Subgroup, and Level as the Weight column
Jim
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: How do I use JSL to categorize positive and negative values in the same column?

Ok, I see. That's the only way.

Thank Jim!

2019-07-22_17-40-41.png

txnelson
Super User

It isn't the only way, but it is one of the ways you could do it is JMP
Jim