cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jimbo
Level II

How do I unlock a column?

I have never used the lock feature and do not know how I got here.  How do I unlock a locked column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I unlock a column?

I am making the assumption that the data table you are having an issue with, is one that you created from the Summary Platform, or maybe from the Subset Platform.  In both cases, the Locking came from having the "Link to Original Data Table" selected.  You can remove the lock by either deleting the table, and rerunning the Summary or Subset with the "Link to Original Data Table" unchecked, or Save and close the data table, then reopen it, and go to the Column Info for the column in question, and unselecting the "Lock" check box.

Jim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
txnelson
Super User

I am making the assumption that the data table you are having an issue with, is one that you created from the Summary Platform, or maybe from the Subset Platform.  In both cases, the Locking came from having the "Link to Original Data Table" selected.  You can remove the lock by either deleting the table, and rerunning the Summary or Subset with the "Link to Original Data Table" unchecked, or Save and close the data table, then reopen it, and go to the Column Info for the column in question, and unselecting the "Lock" check box.

Jim
new_2_JMP
Level I

Hi
I am having this same problem. I exported data from a .csv file into .jmp and the column I am interested in is locked and I can not unlock it. I do not have any link to the original data as you mentioned above. It is just a .csv file that brought up into JMP for plotting

What do you mean by Summary Platform and Subset Platform?

Thanks
new_2_JMP
Jimbo
Level II

@new_2_JMP See attached.  

The summary and subset screenshot area is attached.

I found my answer by right clicking on the problem column, selecting column info and unchecking the lock button.

Summary and Subset.PNG

My answer.PNG

new_2_JMP
Level I

Hi

Thanks a lot for your helps. A picture do worth a thousand lines. I did not know what he meant by Table Summary and table Subset. I got it now and it fixes my problems

Thanks again

new_2_JMP

Jimbo
Level II

@new_2_JMP  you are welcome!

owg
owg
Level III

I thought the fixes here didn't work but I found that with a formula column it's more complicated.  After saving, closing & re-opening, the column still would not unlock.  But I noticed that formula evaluation was suppressed.  Unchecking suppress evaluation made the the formula update using only the subset data.  This was much better than deleting my formulas!

ndowidar
Level III

I am having a similar problem. I would like to apply a new formula to a subset of the data in the column, but when I highlighted the rows that need to the new formula, the formula was changed to the entire data set. So I made a new column with the new formula to adjust it manually but the forumula is locked & not supressed, so I'm not sure what to do. 

Thanks for your help!