cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dbahr
Level I

How do I search for a specific column name for "process", sperate by a known "sample label" and a known "by"

Hi everyone,

I've tried to search before I asked. I'm learning and very very new with the JMP software, we are using version 10.

What I'm trying to do is make a script that will look in any given data table for specific column names and cast the columns into roles for a control graph IR.

In the control graph I want it to find the column and use it for the "process" portion. Then use sample labels that I can re-write over the code. Then I'd like to seperate the information in the column. I can do all this manually in programing a control chart. What I've been trying to find out for a while now is how to have it scripted so that it generates the control charts automatically, and saves them as a PNG every time.

I imagine it needs a For statement loop. But how do I have the script identify the columns to see if they match with what I"m looking for?

I've tried

dt << Get Column Names () but then if I use that there really isn't any way to store that list and say

For columns b-f make a control chart. Or at least that I'm aware of.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do I search for a specific column name for "process", sperate by a known "sample label" and a known "by"

Get Column Names returns a list - here is an example of how you could use it:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

lstColNames = dt << Get Column Names(string);

show(lstColNames);

If ( Contains(lstColNames,"height"),

show("column height exists")

);

-Dave