cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dbahr
Level I

How do I search for a specific column name for "process", sperate by a known "sample label" and a known "by"

Hi everyone,

I've tried to search before I asked. I'm learning and very very new with the JMP software, we are using version 10.

What I'm trying to do is make a script that will look in any given data table for specific column names and cast the columns into roles for a control graph IR.

In the control graph I want it to find the column and use it for the "process" portion. Then use sample labels that I can re-write over the code. Then I'd like to seperate the information in the column. I can do all this manually in programing a control chart. What I've been trying to find out for a while now is how to have it scripted so that it generates the control charts automatically, and saves them as a PNG every time.

I imagine it needs a For statement loop. But how do I have the script identify the columns to see if they match with what I"m looking for?

I've tried

dt << Get Column Names () but then if I use that there really isn't any way to store that list and say

For columns b-f make a control chart. Or at least that I'm aware of.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do I search for a specific column name for "process", sperate by a known "sample label" and a known "by"

Get Column Names returns a list - here is an example of how you could use it:

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");

lstColNames = dt << Get Column Names(string);

show(lstColNames);

If ( Contains(lstColNames,"height"),

show("column height exists")

);

-Dave