cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mminor
Level I

How do I reproduce the profiler generated by Analyze>Fit Model using Graph>Profiler when using a log transformed response?

I know how to reproduce the profiler generated by Analyze>Fit Model using Graph>Profiler when the response is not transformed. In the attached .jmp file "Profiler Example.jmp", script #1 fits a linear regression to the example data with no transform. If I save the "Prediction Formula" and "StdErr Pred Formula" columns, I can reproduce the profiler from script #1 using Graph>Profiler, as show in script #2.

I fit a log transformed model in script #3. When I try to reproduce the profiler generated by script #3 using Graph>Profiler as before, the confidence intervals appear to be incorrect

I manually calculated the confidence intervals (see columns in table) produced in script #3 and #4 using the "Prediction Formula" and "StdErr Pred Formula" from script #3. It seems script #3 is doing something like this in the background: ":Pred Formula y 2 * Exp( t Quantile( 0.025, 2 ) * :"PredSE Log(y)"n )". Meanwhile script #4 for is doing something like this in the background: ":Pred Formula y 2 + t Quantile( 0.025, 2 ) * :"PredSE Log(y)"n".

Is there a way I can reproduce the profiler from script #3 using Graph>Profiler? Thanks!

Script #1 Profiler (Analyze>Fit Model, no y transform):

mminor_0-1714410098364.png

Script #2 Profiler (Graph>Profiler, no y transform)

mminor_1-1714410167207.png

Script #3 Profiler (Analyze>Fit Model, log y transform)

mminor_2-1714410233055.png

Script #4 Profiler (Graph>Profiler, log y transform)

mminor_3-1714410306587.png

1 REPLY 1
mminor
Level I

Re: How do I reproduce the profiler generated by Analyze>Fit Model using Graph>Profiler when using a log transformed response?

I'm guessing my request may not be possible with the JMP 17 profiler, but it seems as though this will be possible in the JMP 18 profiler based on the changes I've seen. With that said, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.