cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

How do I get the default "minimum Size Split" in a decision tree using JSL?

Hello, everyone!
I want to use JSL get the default "minimum Size Split" in a decision tree .
Thanks you!

2018-10-08_18-48-40.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How do I get the default "minimum Size Split" in a decision tree using JSL?

It seems that internally when the Minimum Size Split in preferences is unchecked ( <<Off ) the default that appears in the options is 5. If the user's Platform Preferences for Partition is set the set value will be used for both the prompt window you displayed as well as the application, unless it is changed.

If you do not want the user's preferences, specify Partition(Y(), X(), Ignore Platform Preferences(1) );

If you ignore platform preferences, you will need to modify the script below and assume the default minimum size is 5.

Here is a script to capture if the user set the preference from the Preferences UI or Partition UI.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Iris.jmp" );
obj = Partition(
	Y( :Species ),
	X( :Sepal length, :Sepal width, :Petal length, :Petal width ),
	Informative Missing( 1 ),
	Minimum Size Split(3)
);
obj << split best(2);

//since you are letting the user do this, grab the window and get the script scrp = (obj << get script); //if the minimum split size was set, can parse it from the script. for(i=1, i<=narg(scrp), i++, _tt = Arg(scrp, i); if(Head Name(_tt) == "Minimum Size Split", _sz = Arg(_tt,1); Break(); ) ); _ppsz= Arg(Arg(get platform preferences(Partition(Minimum Size Split)), 1), 1); if(Arg(_ppsz,1) == 0 & Is Missing(_sz), _sz=5, Arg(_ppsz,1) >0 & Is Missing(_sz), _sz=Arg(_ppsz,1) ); show(_sz);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

It seems that internally when the Minimum Size Split in preferences is unchecked ( <<Off ) the default that appears in the options is 5. If the user's Platform Preferences for Partition is set the set value will be used for both the prompt window you displayed as well as the application, unless it is changed.

If you do not want the user's preferences, specify Partition(Y(), X(), Ignore Platform Preferences(1) );

If you ignore platform preferences, you will need to modify the script below and assume the default minimum size is 5.

Here is a script to capture if the user set the preference from the Preferences UI or Partition UI.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Iris.jmp" );
obj = Partition(
	Y( :Species ),
	X( :Sepal length, :Sepal width, :Petal length, :Petal width ),
	Informative Missing( 1 ),
	Minimum Size Split(3)
);
obj << split best(2);

//since you are letting the user do this, grab the window and get the script scrp = (obj << get script); //if the minimum split size was set, can parse it from the script. for(i=1, i<=narg(scrp), i++, _tt = Arg(scrp, i); if(Head Name(_tt) == "Minimum Size Split", _sz = Arg(_tt,1); Break(); ) ); _ppsz= Arg(Arg(get platform preferences(Partition(Minimum Size Split)), 1), 1); if(Arg(_ppsz,1) == 0 & Is Missing(_sz), _sz=5, Arg(_ppsz,1) >0 & Is Missing(_sz), _sz=Arg(_ppsz,1) ); show(_sz);

lwx228
Level VIII

Thank you!
You're very precise!