cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How do I get confidence intervals to appear on the Non-parametric>Spearman coefficient table (in multivariate plataform)?

The confidence intervals appear along with coefficients and p-value in the pairwise correlations table (multivariate platform), but not in the Nonparametric-Spearman's table (multivariate platform). How can we get the confidence intervals for Spearman coefficients?

Thanks in advance,

Helena G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I get confidence intervals to appear on the Non-parametric>Spearman coefficient table (in multivariate plataform)?

I'm not aware of a tutorial on this topic, but I can show the steps below (note that this also works with the platforms from the list posted above as well, it's not limited to Multivariate):

1) Right-click on column of interest and select "Bootstrap":

HadleyMyers_0-1654586760301.png

2) Change defaults in pop-up if desired, or press "OK" to use default settings:

HadleyMyers_1-1654586939873.png

3) Wait for bootstrapping to finish and run "Distribution" script in resulting table to see Bootstrap Confidence Intervals:

HadleyMyers_2-1654586946197.png

4) Right-click on confidence intervals and select "Make Combined Data Table" to export intervals into a table for further analysis:

HadleyMyers_3-1654586954399.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I get confidence intervals to appear on the Non-parametric>Spearman coefficient table (in multivariate plataform)?

Could Bootsrapping be a solution?

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. I am not quite sure if it helps with my analysis goal.

I would like to get the confidence intervals for Spearman coefficients, as it is possible to obtain to Pairwise correlations, in order to compare the amplitude of the confidence intervals for both coefficients (Pearson and Spearman). Is it possible in anyway in this platform?

Than you!

Hi,

Unless I'm simply not seeing it, Multivariate doesn't appear to offer an option to show the Spearman confidence intervals.  Bootstrapping in JMP Pro offers a way to get confidence intervals for platforms that don't calculate them.  Multivariate is one of the platforms that supports bootstrapping

Hi, thank you for this help.

Could you share more details or a tutorial on how to obtain those confidence intervals for Spearman confidence intervals by bootstrapping using Multivariate plataform?

I'm not aware of a tutorial on this topic, but I can show the steps below (note that this also works with the platforms from the list posted above as well, it's not limited to Multivariate):

1) Right-click on column of interest and select "Bootstrap":

HadleyMyers_0-1654586760301.png

2) Change defaults in pop-up if desired, or press "OK" to use default settings:

HadleyMyers_1-1654586939873.png

3) Wait for bootstrapping to finish and run "Distribution" script in resulting table to see Bootstrap Confidence Intervals:

HadleyMyers_2-1654586946197.png

4) Right-click on confidence intervals and select "Make Combined Data Table" to export intervals into a table for further analysis:

HadleyMyers_3-1654586954399.png