cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pticguy
Level I

How do I customize the x-axis in Graph Builder

I have a continuous numerical data set where both the X and the Y axis are continuous.

In the graph I would like the X-axis to have increments of 200, but start at 100 rather than starting at 0. (100, 300, 500, 700... instead of 0, 200, 400, 600...). In the 'X-Axis Specification' menu there does not seem to be any option to 'shift' the axis labeling.

Is there any workaround here or am I missing something simple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: How do I customize the x-axis in Graph Builder

I would submit a request to JMP technical support.  I got the same results as you - it appears that JMP really wants to use even numbers on the axis, even if it's not what you said to start with.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

Generally speaking on just about all of JMP's graphs you can adjust axis scaling start, end, increments, even transform to say natural log scale, by just bringing the cursor into the neighborhood of the axis scale you want to adjust, and left double click and an axis scaling options window will appear.

pticguy
Level I

Here is a samples graph:

12735_pastedImage_0.png

and my axis settings:

12736_pastedImage_1.png

I want an increment of 200 and I want these minimum and maximum values (700 and 2700), but as you can see the x-axis labels start at 800 and go to 2600. I want them to start at 700 and end at 2700, but I still want the increment of 200. I don't see any setting that would let me achieve this.

pmroz
Super User

I would submit a request to JMP technical support.  I got the same results as you - it appears that JMP really wants to use even numbers on the axis, even if it's not what you said to start with.

txnelson
Super User

You can also interactively change the axis settings.  Here is the help page from

Help==>Contents==>search==>After Plot and Chart

12733_pastedImage_0.png

Jim