cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Teena
Level I

How do I apply different tests to a g-chart (rare event attribute) control chart

Hello

Does anyone know how to rules other than outside limits in a g-chart (i.e a test for six (or more) points in a row continually increasing (or decreasing)). 

I've tried using the preferences/platform/control charts options but not sure why it's not applying.   

Any suggestions much appreciated.

(I'm using #JMPpro16 and very new to scripting so if the only way is to script I might need some really basic hints!) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I apply different tests to a g-chart (rare event attribute) control chart

As you have discovered, the only test JMP allows for rare event charts is test beyond limits.  You would need to write a script for any additional tests.  Unfortunately, I do not have any sample code to share for doing this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I apply different tests to a g-chart (rare event attribute) control chart

As you have discovered, the only test JMP allows for rare event charts is test beyond limits.  You would need to write a script for any additional tests.  Unfortunately, I do not have any sample code to share for doing this.

Teena
Level I

Thank you for confirming that I hadn't missed something obvious and indeed will work towards writing some script. 

Any additional tests depend on the nature of the response (continuous or categorical) and the distribution of the response. For example. Nelson developed a set of 8 tests for common (but not exhaustive) special causes when using the Individuals Chart (X-chart) for continuous and normally distributed data.

You might be able to use this description (see page 1192)  from SAS documentation to implement appropriate tests for the G-chart in JMP.

Teena
Level I

Thank you for the link - very useful!