cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Padmé
Level I

How copy/past factors from excel in design of experiments

Good morning everyone, 

As novice in JMP, i am looking for a way to copy/past a long list of factors from excel in Jump, optimal design, without having to manually write one by one. 

Is there a solution in Jump, or maybe with VBA or Python ?

I put a screenshot in attachment if it's not clear.

Version of JMP : 16.1.0

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Victor_G
Super User

Re: How copy/past factors from excel in design of experiments

Hello Padmé,

Welcome in the Community !

You can perhaps create a first time the factors table manually in the Custom Design platform, and then on the red triangle next to Custom Design, click on "Save Factors". This will create a JMP datatable with the names, levels and roles of your factors, ready to be used next time (if you want to try several designs with the same factors for example). The factors table look like this (see screenshot table_factors), and as you can see, the black asterisks on the left panel next to each column names provide factors properties information : Design Role (Continuous), Factor Changes (Easy) in this case.

You can also create in advance the JMP datatable with the factors and their properties you want to use (this way, in the Custom Design platform, you only have to click on the red triangle and then "Load Factors", and based on this factors table everything will be filled), but you will have to know exactly what are the properties required for each factors to have the correct factors properties formatting for the Custom Design platform.

Other members had a similar question, so you may find more informations here :

Is it possible to load factor or output response setting from a configuration fi... - JMP User Commu...

Solved: Load Factors table into DOE using JSL - JMP User Community

I hope this first answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Hello Padmé,

Welcome in the Community !

You can perhaps create a first time the factors table manually in the Custom Design platform, and then on the red triangle next to Custom Design, click on "Save Factors". This will create a JMP datatable with the names, levels and roles of your factors, ready to be used next time (if you want to try several designs with the same factors for example). The factors table look like this (see screenshot table_factors), and as you can see, the black asterisks on the left panel next to each column names provide factors properties information : Design Role (Continuous), Factor Changes (Easy) in this case.

You can also create in advance the JMP datatable with the factors and their properties you want to use (this way, in the Custom Design platform, you only have to click on the red triangle and then "Load Factors", and based on this factors table everything will be filled), but you will have to know exactly what are the properties required for each factors to have the correct factors properties formatting for the Custom Design platform.

Other members had a similar question, so you may find more informations here :

Is it possible to load factor or output response setting from a configuration fi... - JMP User Commu...

Solved: Load Factors table into DOE using JSL - JMP User Community

I hope this first answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
Padmé
Level I

Hi Victor_G,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it helps me a lot.